Emma Sansom High School opened in January of 1929. Emma Sansom High School’s first graduating class was in 1931. The last graduating class of Emma Sansom High School was in 2006, the reason for this being the high schools in the Gadsden City School School District were consolidated into one, Gadsden City High School. The middle school that was once known as General Forrest Middle School moved up to the former Emma Sansom High School building, and is now known as Emma Sansom Middle School. The school still features several archives from the high school including: the Wall of Fame, trophy cases, Valedictory Wall, and a museum of Emma Sansom. The building still features: two scientific laboratories, three computer labs, a large Home Ec. department, a large gym for physical education, and a large cafeteria.